The new CLAVIUS lens series takes the helm as our flagship range combining all of qualities of our previous lenses.
– Full Frame / VV coverage (DXL, Monstro, Arri LF)
– Historic optical elements (Single Layer MgF2 Coated Primary Elements)
– Classical lower contrast rendering
– Ultra responsive to flaring
– Interchangeable aperture disks (ovals, soft focus, defocus distortion, apodised, translucent etc)
– Unorthodox optical designs
– f/2.0 aperture throughout the range
– Pleasing balance of resolution and character
-New to CLAVIUS :
Internal focusing (no body extension during focusing, smoother focus action, rugged construction, improved dust and weather protection)
Easier third party servicing
Relocated focus ring for increased camera body clearance
Geared aperture ring
Same optical design as previous lenses
Greater selection of waterstop aperture disks included
138mm/2 lens in development as well as a wide angle attachment for use with the 28mm/2 – tbc
As before, our PL mounts are machined in stainless steel and work with EOS-PL adaptors meaning users of canon mount systems can make use of our lenses without mechanical or mirror issues. – Speed Boosters work great!
The variable aperture allows fluid adjustment from f2 down to f16 with circular bokeh throughout the range. Alongside the variable aperture, each lens set comes with a selection of ‘waterstop’ aperture disks which allow the user to shape the defocus rendering – for instance, using one of the many oval aperture inserts these lenses deliver a very convincing anamorphic defocus rendering. Multiples of the most popular aperture disks are included meaning the full set of lenses can all be pre-installed with matching aperture disks for easier integration into production schedules.